The University of Jyväskylä is a nationally and internationally significant research university and an expert on education that focuses on human and natural sciences. The University is Finland’s leading expert in teacher education and adult education, as well as the major exporter of education. The Faculty of Sport and Health Sciences is the only one in the country. The University of Jyväskylä is known for its dynamic operating culture and strong commitment to social responsibility.
The department is currently seeking to recruit staff to the position of
Senior Lecturer of Management and Leadership, as of 1 August 2018 until further notice
The mission of the Jyväskylä University School of Business and Economics (JSBE) is to conduct high-level research by national and international standards, and to offer quality degree education and executive education in business and economics. We contribute to the societal impact of the University of Jyväskylä by promoting university-based entrepreneurship and innovation activities.
Jyväskylä University School of Business and Economics is an active, internationally-minded and cooperative faculty in the dynamic and international University of Jyväskylä. There are 18 professorships at the JSBE, and the number of other staff is around 100. Over a thousand students study at JSBE. Each year, around 150 students graduate as Masters of Science (econ), and 13 -15 doctoral dissertations are publicly defended at JSBE.
Senior Lecturer of Management and Leadership carries out teaching and research in human resource management, leadership and strategy. Further duties include thesis instruction, participation in research funding applications and other teaching and research-related tasks.
The duties, qualification requirements and language skills of senior lecturer are stipulated by the University of Jyväskylä Regulations and language skills guidelines. The selected person is required to have a command of Finnish language. In certain cases, the University may grant exemption from this requirement. A good command of English language and an ability to teach in English are regarded as advantageous for the applicant.
The successful candidate demonstrates accomplishments in publishing and teaching in the above-mentioned fields. Previous experience of University Teacher’s duties is a merit for the candidate. The position requires an excellent command of spoken and written Finnish.
The job-specific salary component of a senior lecturer is based on the job demands level 5-7 (EUR 2865,30 - 3851,33/month) according to the salary system concerning teaching and research staff at universities. In addition, a personal performance-based salary component amounting to the maximum of 46.3% of the job-specific salary component is also paid.
A trial period of four months will be used when the position is first filled.
For further information, please contact Tuomo Takala, Professor of Management and Leadership, by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or tel: +358 50 3547566.
The application should include:
1) A free-form motivation letter
2) Curriculum vitae (CV), composed according to good scientific practice and considering when possible the template for researcher´s curriculum vitae by The Finnish Advisory Board on Research Integrity. See: http://www.tenk.fi/en
3) A numbered list of publications according to the instructions of the Academy of Finland (see: http://www.aka.fi/en/funding/how-to-apply/appendices-required/guidelines-for-list-of-publications/)
4) Applicant´s ten (10) selected publications for assessment, numbered in accordance with the list of publications (as a single pdf-file)
5) A short (1-2 pages) description of the applicant´s padagogical training and teaching merits (teaching portfolio)
6) A short ( 1-2 pages) description of the applicats´s academic research and scientific merits
Please submit your application at the latest on 22nd of December 2017 by using the online application form.