Our naturally beautiful campus in the Jyväskylä city centre is home to a dynamic multidisciplinary research university – a modern, open and collaborative community of 2,500 experts and 15,000 students seeking answers to the pivotal questions of today and tomorrow.It was here, in 1863, that Finnish-language teacher education began. Since then, the University of Jyväskylä has been serving the future.The dialogue between research, education and society is our driving force.We cherish this balance of research and education, and work to promote open thinking. We kindle the skills, knowledge and passion to live wisely for the best of humanity.Kokkola University Consortium Chydenius is currently seeking to recruit a person to the post of Professor of Education with a fixed-term contract of five years starting on 1 June 2019.
Kokkola University Consortium Chydenius is a multidisciplinary academic consortium established by the Universities of Jyväskylä, Oulu and Vaasa, and its operation is coordinated by the University of Jyväskylä. The cornerstones of Kokkola University Consortium Chydenius work consist of high-quality, research-based university-level adult education as well as internationally networked research activities serving the region. The three focus areas are as follows: learning and education, participation and welfare services, and new solutions for industry and economic life.
The professorship is based in Kokkola University Consortium Chydenius Education unit and within the university consortium’s core field focused on investigating the phenomena of learning and teaching in the changing world as well as developing learning methods, modern learning environments. Through the professorship, the research activities of Kokkola University Consortium Chydenius will be integrated even more closely with the University of Jyväskylä’s core field learning, teaching and the learning and growth environments that support development.
The professorship’s area of responsibility is future learning and teachership in changing learning environments.The professor’s teaching and research activities are expected to supplement the Kokkola University Consortium Chydenius fields of expertise. The post has been established to promote scientific research and national and international publishing as well as education in the field in question. Acquiring external research funding is also part of the professor´s duties. The professor is expected to develop a strong entity of externally funded research and development activities. The professor is also expected to participate in teaching related to bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral studies in his/her field of research. The duties of the professor also include participating in societal interaction in the field of expertise and supporting the University of Jyväskylä’s societal interaction in Kokkola University Consortium Chydenius area of operation. The professor will cooperate closely with educational organisations and other stakeholders in the region. The professorship also enhances opportunities for the teachers of the region to pursue further academic studies and supports their attachment to research and development work.
The plan for filling the position provides more detailed information on the duties, qualification requirements and attachments to the application. The plan is visible on the faculty’s website at https://www.jyu.fi/en/workwithus/appointment-procedure
The job-specific salary component of a professor is based on the job demands level 8–11 (€4702,72/month – €6928,70/month) according to the salary system concerning teaching and research staff at universities. In addition to this, a personal performance-based salary component, which can amount to the maximum of 46.3% of the job-specific salary component, is also paid.
For further information, please contact: Director Tanja Risikko, tel. +358 40 195 2037, email@example.com.
1) a CV of the applicant, composed according to good scientific practice and considering, when possible, the template for researcher’s curriculum vitae by the Finnish Advisory Board on Research Integrity. See www.tenk.fi;
2) a brief (1–2 pages) written account of the applicant’s scientific research, merits in scientific activities and in supervision of research work, including an account of acquired supplementary research funding and the responsibilities related to the research conducted through such funding;
3) a brief (1–2 pages) written account of pedagogical training and teaching merits;
4) a brief (1–2 pages) written account of the applicant’s international activities and societal interaction as well as practical experience in the field;
5) a written account (2–5 pages) of how the applicant plans to develop the research, teaching and societal interaction related in the domain of the post;
6) A list, drafted following the guidelines of the Academy of Finland, of all scholarly and other publications with which the applicant wishes to demonstrate his/her qualifications and merits for the post;
7) a maximum of 10 main publications, numbered in accordance with the list of publications.
Please submit your application by 30 November 2018 using the online application form.