|Postdoctoral Researcher, Responsible Business Strategy to Renew Organizations and Ecosystems|
Oulu Business School (OBS) (https://www.oulu.fi/oulubusinessschool) is an AACSB accredited international research and educational institute for economic sciences. Research serves the needs of business and society, and contributes to the international scientific community. Marketing, Management and International Business research unit owns a highly international research environment presently formed by 10 professors and around 44 other researchers.
We are now looking for a talented and motivated Postdoctoral Researcher for a 3-year position. Your research will concentrate on Responsible business strategy to renew organizations and ecosystems. Your task is to carry out multidisciplinary work related to circular economy, business networks, sustainable business models and value chains.
You will carry out research work within a research team, publish research results in leading international scientific journals, take part in funding acquisition, contribute in teaching and supervision. In addition, the postdoctoral researcher may participate in administrative tasks of the research unit. You will work on research tasks in Inorganic Side Streams (InStreams) profile area of the University of Oulu. Your supervisor will be a professor affiliated to the Marketing, Management and International Business research unit.
The position is funded by ‘Inorganic Side Streams: From basic research and technology development to sustainable value chains (InStreams)’ a scientific profile area of the University of Oulu. InStreams is a multidisciplinary research programme integrating knowledge to anticipate challenges in sustainable value chains. InStreams focuses on cross-disciplinary inorganic materials research and engineering and the management and utilization of inorganic side streams. It develops sustainable value chains and has high interest to put scientific research into practice. The InStreams profiling funds talented researchers from a variety of disciplines. Instreams profiling is part of the InStreamsHub research community of the University of Oulu. Further information about the InStreams from the webpage: www.oulu.fi/instreams/.
What we expect
Scientific publishing, demonstrated strong research background, experience in international collaboration and experience in university teaching and supervision will be used as selection criteria.
What we offer
How to apply
Applications, together with all relevant enclosures, should be submitted using electronic application form byAugust 9th, 2020 at 23:59 (Finnish local time). The application should be written in English and include the following:
1) A motivation letter (max. 2 pages) summarizing applicant’s professional experience and expertise and describing why applicant is interested in this position. Also, information on personal research interests, experience and career plans are valuable to provide here
2) Curriculum vitae (max. 4 pages)in accordance with the guidelines of the Finnish Advisory Board on Research Integrity (http://www.tenk.fi/en/template-researchers-curriculum-vitae)
3) List of publications based on the guidelines of the Academy of Finland (https://www.aka.fi/en/funding/apply-for-funding/az-index-of-application-guidelines/list-of-publications/)
4) A research plan (max. 3 pages).
5) Certificates/Diplomas: Scanned copy of the original doctoral degree certificate and transcript of records and, when necessary, official translations to Finnish or English
6) Contact information of two senior/experienced researchers who may be asked to give a statement on the candidate
Professor Pauliina Ulkuniemi
tel.: +358 294 482980
Professor Vesa Puhakka
Head of the research unit
tel.:+358 40 833 3776
Due to holiday season in July, please contact us with your questions during these time periods: 16.6. – 17.7. and 3.8. – 9.8.
City of OuluThe Oulu region is home to over 200 000 people making it the largest urban centre in northern Scandinavia and one of the fastest growing regions in Finland. Oulu is a combination of beautiful, northern nature, vivid cultural life and modern technology. Oulu is also known for its highly-educated people and friendly, easy-going atmosphere. Find out more about Oulu: https://www.oulu.fi/university/living-in-oulu
|Apply for the job|