Metsä Group is a forerunner in sustainable bioeconomy utilising renewable wood from sustainably managed northern forests. We focus on wood supply and forest services, wood products, pulp, fresh fibre paperboards, and tissue and cooking papers. In 2017, Metsä Group’s sales totalled EUR 5.0 billion, and it employs approximately 9,100 people. The Group operates in nearly 30 countries. Metsäliitto Cooperative is the parent company of Metsä Group and owned by approximately 104,000 Finnish forest owners.
Metsä Board is a leading European producer of folding boxboards and white fresh fibre linerboards. Its lightweight paperboards are developed as the perfect fit for consumer goods, retail-ready and food service packaging. The pure fresh fibres Metsä Board uses are a renewable resource, traceable to origin in northern forests. The global sales network of Metsä Board supports customers worldwide, including brand owners, converters and merchants. In 2017, Metsä Board’s sales totalled EUR 1.8 billion. The company employs approximately 2,350 people. Metsä Board, part of Metsä Group, is listed on the Nasdaq Helsinki.
ASSISTANT CONTROLLER, MECHELEN - TEMPORARY REPLACEMENT
We are looking for a reliable controller to assist in preparing statements that follow all regulatory and accounting guidelines under the supervision of a Regional controller. You will be responsible for identifying and preventing discrepancies and helping set up control systems.
An effective controller has good knowledge of accounting principles. You must be organized professionals with a great eye for detail. You must be reliable and able to carry out tasks autonomously and collaboratively.
The goal is to contribute to keep the accounting and financial processes of the company up to standard and ensure accurate financial reporting and control. You will report to a Regional controller.
- Support most aspects of accounting management (billing, tax forms, reporting etc.)
- Assist in the formulation of internal controls and policies to comply with legislation and established best practices
- Assist in the preparation of financial statements in compliance with official guidelines and requirements
- Manage journal entries, invoices etc. and reconcile accounts for the monthly or annual closing
- Assist in the preparation of budgets or forecasts
- Participate in preparation for the annual audit
- Help in development of reports for management or regulatory bodies - Assist HR manager and administrator
- Proven experience as controller or other similar position
- Solid knowledge of GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles) and regulations
- Excellent knowledge of accounting and financial processes (budgeting, financial closure, reporting etc.)
- Understanding of data analysis and forecasting
- Working knowledge of MS Office (especially excel) and accounting software (e.g. SAP)
- Well-organized with ability to prioritize
- Very good communication and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail and problem-solving ability
- Fluent speaking English/French
- Bachelor degree in accounting 3 year experience (minimum)
- Team player with sense of responsibility
- Service minded
- Well organized
- Problem solver
We offer you a versatile and interesting job in an international and fast-paced business environment at Metsä Board, a leading European producer of premium fresh fibre paperboards. Come and join us to advance innovative and sustainable packaging.
Please note that we are able to process your job application only via our online recruitment system.
Sending your application
If you feel this could be the right opportunity for you please send your CV and application letter in English with salary request by 19. February 2018.