Metsä Group is a forerunner in sustainable bioeconomy utilising renewable wood from sustainably managed northern forests. We focus on wood supply and forest services, wood products, pulp, fresh fibre paperboards, and tissue and cooking papers. In 2017, Metsä Group’s sales totalled EUR 5.0 billion, and it employs approximately 9,100 people. The Group operates in nearly 30 countries. Metsäliitto Cooperative is the parent company of Metsä Group and owned by approximately 104,000 Finnish forest owners.
Metsä Board is a leading European producer of folding boxboards and white fresh fibre linerboards. Its lightweight paperboards are developed as the perfect fit for consumer goods, retail-ready and food service packaging. The pure fresh fibres Metsä Board uses are a renewable resource, traceable to origin in northern forests. The global sales network of Metsä Board supports customers worldwide, including brand owners, converters and merchants. In 2017, Metsä Board’s sales totalled EUR 1.8 billion. The company employs approximately 2,350 people. Metsä Board, part of Metsä Group, is listed on the Nasdaq Helsinki.
SALES MANAGER BENELUX
Metsä Board is looking for a Sales Manager Benelux. The key responsibilities are as follows:
- Manages existing business, accounts and customer relationships in accordance with account plans
- Responsibility for preparation and delivery of all elements of the annual budget or sales plan: volumes, pricing and other top-line profitability elements including stock management, payments
- Identifies, develops and records new business opportunities and implements actions to convert them into buying accounts and live business
- Keeps the organization abreast of intelligence regarding customers, markets, trends, competitors (pricing, products, other activities)
- Liaises & communicates effectively with other functions in the organization – Upper level sales management, colleagues in sales, customer service, technical service, production, marketing etc to produce co-ordinated customer approaches including relationship management, pricing, service offering, provision of technical service, marketing concepts
- Keeps abreast and informed of company strategy and policies and implements these into daily activities, planning and actions; maintains a high level of organizational awareness
- Timely compliance with internal reporting requirements (forecasting, monthly reports etc); participation in working groups or sales meetings as requested
The requirements for this position include:
- Fluent (written and spoken) in Dutch, French and English
- Experience in Sales is considered a must
- Good organization skills
- Tolerance to cope with stress and pressure
- Personality to anticipate, to use own initiative and to be proactive
- No objections to travel abroad The successful candidate will be
- A team player with the ability to use his or her own initiative independently
- An experienced sales professional with a solid demonstrable record of achieving growth and results
- A proactive, well-organized service-minded problem solver combining numeric and analytical strengths with strong interpersonal skills
We offer you a versatile and interesting job in an international and fast-paced business environment at Metsä Board, a leading European producer of premium fresh fibre paperboards. Come and join us to advance innovative and sustainable packaging.
Please note that we are able to process your job application only via our online recruitment system.
Sending your application
If you feel this could be the right opportunity for you, please send your CV and application letter in English including your salary request by 06.03.2019.